- To educate youth in the art of beekeeping.
- To promote a better understanding of the value of honeybees to our environment and to the food chain.
- To provide an opportunity for youth to experience responsibility and enjoyment through beekeeping
- One-year family membership in the Bristol County Beekeepers Association, Inc.(BrBCA)
- One seat in the BrCBA Bee School.
- Wooden-ware for a beehive, consisting of:
- 1 screened bottom board with whiteboard (10-frame)
- 1 entrance reducer (10-frame)
- 2 deep boxes (10-frame)
- 2 medium boxes (10-frame)
- 20 deep frames and 20 medium frames with foundation
- 1 inner cover (10-frame)
- 1 telescoping lid (10-frame)
- 1 Hive-top feeder
- A package of bees (including a Queen) for the hive.
- Beekeeping gear:
Jacket, hat, veil, gloves, hive tool, bee brush and bee smoker.
- Mentoring by a BrCBA member for one year.
- The Applicant must be a resident of Bristol County Massachusetts.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 16 and 21 on January 1, 2022.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in public, private or home school.
- All applicants under the age of 18 must have permission and agreement from a parent or guardian.
- The applicant and immediate family must not have had any bee colonies prior to the current year.
- Applicant must complete and return all paperwork.
BrCBA Scholarship Application packet must be received by the Scholarship Committee between September 1st, 2022 through October 31st, 2022.
Applications received after October 31, 2022 will be returned to the sender unopened.
- The Scholarship recipient must attend and successfully complete BrCBA Bee School.
- Details will be provided to the recipient upon award of the Scholarship.
- Finalist will be selected by the BrCBA Scholarship Committee.
- (Note: No personal information, other than the scholarship recipient’s name, will be released.)
DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM HERE